Some times making a difference can be tough. Being nice and bring a smile to some one unexpectedly. My friend it doesn’t have to be. Say “What“? I can your response: “That can’t be true at all”.
Let me give you some suggestions. I want you to try them for 7 days and report back to me here. Let me know how it went. I am serious about this and I think you will find that you will be glowing from the inside out on this short challenge.
- Open doors for the elderly.
- Call your grandparents if they are still alive.
- Write to high school or college buddy that you haven’t had a phone call or seen them in the past month.
- When grocery shopping pick up a few items extra and deliver it to a local food shelf.
- Get to know your neighbor where you live. Start a conversation.
- Wave to cars passing by.
- Say hi to someone when you are out and about. You might just catch them off guard.
- Cook an extra meal for a new mom.
- Pick up a book at the book store and give it to a friend.
- At work, if possible grab an extra drink for a co worker.
- Write an encouraging note to a co worker and sneak it on their desk.
- Call a friend out of the blue.
- Take your sibling children for a couple of hours so they can go out on a date.
- Take a pastor out to lunch.
- Take your parents out for dinner.
- Walk a friend Dog or neighbor
- Rake a yard in your neighborhood.
- Invite a friend out for drinks and karaoke night.
- Pay for your friend coffee.
- In the drive thru pay for the meal behind you.
I could be here for another 10 minutes thinking of more ways to make people smile. I know that you also have some good ideas. Go and make someone Smile.
Have Awesome day.